Program Associate – Civic Action KHRC
Jobs in Kenya » Jobs Kenya » Kenyan Jobs » Latest Jobs in Kenya
Program Associate – Civic Action: Kenya Human Rights Commission (KHRC)
The Kenya Human Rights Commission (KHRC) is a national Non-Governmental Organization with a mission to promote, protect and enhance the enjoyment of all human rights by all men and women.
The vision of the KHRC is a Kenya without human rights violations.
To strengthen our outreach work, the KHRC wishes to recruit a suitable qualified person to fill the following position for a period of 5 months, beginning December 1, 2009:
Program Associate – Civic Action
Purpose of the Job
To provide leadership in research, human rights, education, monitoring and advocacy by working with Western region partner communities to link local initiatives to national and international human rights agenda.
This position is based in Nairobi with frequent field travel to the region.
This is a challenging position that requires diverse experience in action oriented research, community organizing and mobilizing for human rights protection and promotion.
The incumbent will be expected to:
- Work with community groups in research, monitoring and analyzing Human Rights conditions with a view to develop appropriate, timely and relevant interventions;
- Conceptualize, design and implement advocacy strategies to advance community Human Rights struggles and prepare periodic progress reports on the same;
- Lead and organize communities in designing issue-based interventions;
- Design and facilitate capacity building training and development activities targeted at community members;
- Engage relevant stakeholders at community, national and international level in policy and legal reform to advance the Human Rights cause;
- Mainstreaming of historically marginalized groups into all interventions;
- Developing position papers and policy briefs on human rights and governance perspectives;
- Developing budgets and monitoring expenditure;
- Any other tasks as assigned, from time to time, by the supervisor.
- University degree preferably in social sciences.
- A post graduate diploma in project management and/or community development.
Knowledge and experience:
- At least two (2) years experience in human rights advocacy and community development;
- Experience in proposal and report writing;
- Demonstrable understanding of research and analytical skills;
- Capacity to develop and sustain functional networks;
- Demonstrable experience in project cycle;
- Technologically proficient in MS Office and analytical packages.
- Knowledge of/experience in community organizing from human rights based and other (participatory) approaches.
The successful candidate will be offered an attractive remuneration package.
Applicants should send a cover letter attaching a current C.V., photocopies of certificates, current telephone/mobile numbers, names & addresses of three (3) referees and a statement of expected gross salary to:
Kenya Human Rights Commission,
P.O. Box 41079-00100,
E-mail: admin [at] khrc.or.ke
The KHRC is an equal opportunity employer.
Canvassing will automatically lead to disqualification.
For more: Jobs in Kenya » Jobs Kenya » Kenyan Jobs » Latest Jobs in Kenya
List includes: NGO Jobs, international jobs, development jobs, relief jobs, international humanitarian jobs, international vacancies, international development, ngo jobs africa, ngo list, jobs vacancies, jobs opportunities, opportunity jobs, international non profit jobs.