Postgraduate Funding Opportunities at NewCastle University
School of Geography, Politics and Sociology
The School of Geography, Politics and Sociology is pleased to offer the following postgraduate funding opportunities.
• Research Council studentships: Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC) (1+3 / +3 quota and open competition studentship opportunities)
Applicants should apply as early as possible as the internal University deadline for applications is 8th March.
Newcastle University International Postgraduate Scholarships (NU-IPS) of £1,500 to £3,000 are also available.
The closing date for NU-IPS is the 23rd May, and international students with offers from Newcastle University will be sent an application form.
Further funding opportunities ranging from full studentships at research council rates (tuition fees plus £12,600 stipend to contributions towards tuition fees are also available.
These are for students who are considering a Masters or a Doctorate in:
• Environmental change
• Health and society
• Identities and cultures
• Social transformation, space and place
• Economic geographies and sociologies
• Governance, politics and citizenship
• Social theory and political philosophy
For more information, please e-mail HaSSmarketing@ncl.ac.uk or call 0191 222 8545 in the first instance