National Rule of Law Officer
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
South Sudan Programme
Location city: Malakal, Bor, Bentiu ,Rumbek and Juba
Location country: Sudan
Closing date: 12 Oct
- University degree or equivalent in Law, Political Science, Development or related field;
- A minimum of 3 - 5 years of experience working in Human Rights, working with Rule of Law institutions (such as judiciary, police, prisons, Ministry of Legal Affairs etc) or working in related fields;
- Experience working with civil society and grass roots community organizations;
- Significant experience in capacity building; experience in development programming and training highly desirable;
- Ability to handle confidential and politically sensitive information;
- Excellent command of written and spoken English (including excellent writing skills)
- Fluency in at least one local language is required;
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet strict deadlines.
- Excellent command of MS Office applications (including Word, Excel and PowerPoint);
- Highly motivated, with proven ability to work with limited supervision;
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, including ability to work well in multi-cultural team environment.
UNDP offers an attractive compensation package commensurate with experience.
Enquiries may be directed to Michael Madara at email@example.com
Please send your application, marked “National Rule of Law Officer”, within two weeks after advert to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications may also be delivered by hand to the Office Manager at UNDP Field Offices.
If you would like to work in a specific location (Malakal, Bentiu, Bor, Rumbek or Juba), please include this information in your application.
We regret that due to anticipated high volumes of applications, UNDP Sudan can only respond to applicants in which we have further interest.