Chief Executive Officer/Managing Director Job Vacancy at National Oil Corporation of Kenya (NOCK)
Our client, the National Oil Corporation of Kenya (NOCK), is ISO certified and one of the fastest growing companies in the petroleum industry.
Following NOCK’s restructuring, the company is seeking to recruit an experienced, energetic, ambitious and self motivated Chief Executive Officer/Managing Director to strategically drive growth and enhance the company’s profitability.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Driving the company to realize its vision through development of growth strategies that will also ensure sustainable high returns on investments to shareholders
- Developing and maintaining a robust and conducive work environment for attracting, retaining, and motivating employees
- Providing technical support and advice on corporate strategic matters and offering inspirational leadership to the staff
- Directing and coordinating the company’s day to day operations and
- Overall administration to ensure that all units meet their performance targets and adhere to sector and statutory regulations.
Ideal qualifications and experience:
- A Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university
- A Masters degree in Business Administration, Economics, Law, Industrial Chemistry, Finance, or Engineering
- At least 11 years experience at senior management level in a commercial business environment, of which at least five (5) years will preferably be in the energy sector
- Proficiency in ICT with the ability to apply this knowledge towards improving business operations
- Exposure to international business and experience working within an ISO certified environment
- Good knowledge of ethics, governance and operations of boards and management teams; and
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and negotiation skills.
The ideal candidate will be an inspirational team leader with ability to develop and motivate a dynamic management team and an efficient workforce. In addition, the person must be result-oriented, energetic and self-driven with impeccable integrity and honesty.
An attractive remuneration package will be negotiated for the above position with the successful candidate.
If you believe you clearly demonstrate the ability to meet the above criteria, please submit your application along with a detailed CV, stating your current position, current remuneration, e-mail address and telephone contacts, quoting reference number REF: NOC/01/11, to reach us on or before 4th February.
Executive Selection Division
Deloitte Consulting Limited
“Deloitte Place”, Waiyaki Way, Muthangari
P O Box 40092 00100
E-mail: [email protected]
For more information and job applications, see:
National Oil Corporation of Kenya