I Details and Duration
1. There are three categories of the scholarship:
2. Duration of the scholarship: one month to one academic year
3. The scholarship winner pays for his or her international travel expenses. If there are other contracts, do as the contracts specify.
1. Applicants must be international students or scholars who are diligently engaged in their studies and have achieved excellence.
2. Full Scholarship and Free Tuition Scholarship applicants can be students who have continued their enrollment from the previous semester or those who have just started their studies at Nanjing University the current semester.
3. Partial Tuition Waiver Scholarship applicants must be students who have completed their studies at Nanjing University for more than one semester (including one semester), have achieved excellence in their studies, and are continuing their studies at Nanjing University (currently only limited to students enrolled in Institute of International Students).
Recommendations from institutions and organizations having exchange programs with Nanjing University are also accepted.
Applicants for Partial Tuition Waiver Scholarship who have studied at Nanjing University before must have received Outstanding Student Award, Diligent Student Award and/or recommended by Nanjing University¡¯s various long and short term training programs.
III. Application Procedures
1. Applicants may request for the Application Form for Nanjing University Scholarship for International Students directly from Nanjing University Institute for International Students, or from foreign universities, institutions or organizations having exchange programs with Nanjing University.
They may also download the form from Nanjing University Institute for International Students web page. The form must be truthfully filled out in Chinese or English.
2. All applicants must be recommended by two teachers they have had at Nanjing University or by two teachers with Associate Professors or higher titles. Application must be accompanied by copies of past degree certificate and school transcripts.
Group applicants are accepted mainly from universities, institutions and organizations having exchange programs with Nanjing University and those recommended by the long term and short term training programs at Nanjing University.
3. Application forms and accompanying materials are to be sent directly to Nanjing University Institute for Foreign Students by June 30 (for fall semester) and November 30 (for spring semester).
VI. Approval of the Scholarship
1. After receiving the application, Nanjing University Scholarship for International Students Committee will make a decision within 40 days after the deadline.
The winners will be notified directly or through their affiliated institutions or organizations.
2. Incomplete applications and applications containing unverifiable information will not be processed.
3. Scholarship winners take Approval Letter of Nanjing University Scholarship for International Students Letter of Admission to Nanjing University¡± and the JW202 form to the Chinese Embassy in their country to apply for Student Visa (X) or Visitor Visa (F).
They are expected to arrive and register at Nanjing University on days specified in the University catalog.
4. If the scholarship winner cannot come to Nanjing University for that semester or year, the scholarship will be cancelled and will not be extended.