Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist Job Vacancy
Enhance Your Chances of Securing Employment - Learn New Digital Skills - Register Now & Complete at Least 1 hour of Free Online Coursework Today & Get Google Certification!
Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist Job Vacancy: Internews Network - Voices in Health.
Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist
Internews network, www.internews.org, is an international not-for-profit media development organization that works to improve access to information for people around the world by fostering independent media and promoting open communications policies in the public
Internews programs are built on the conviction that providing people with access to vibrant, diverse news and information empowers them to participate effectively in their communities and make their voices heard.
The organization trains and mentors journalists and news managers, helps produce innovative radio and television news programming and provides technical assistance to local journalists in countries all around the world.
For over 25 years, it has worked in 70 countries and currently has Offices in 23 countries across Africa, Asia, Europe, North America and the Middle East.
Internews works towards building media capacity for effective and accurate reporting in issues such as democracy, governance and transparency, health, environment, humanitarian media and ICT, training over 9000 media professionals each year and since inception has worked with 4,300 radio, television and print publications around the world.
Internews Kenya seeks to recruit for the position of Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist, reporting directly to the Kenya Country Director.
The person will be responsible for the design, development and implementation of a comprehensive, efficient and effective system of monitoring and evaluation (M&E System) that will enable all project staff to track progress, evaluate effectiveness as well as assess the impact of Internews Kenya project activities.
Requirements and Qualifications
- The overall management, supervision and administration of the M&E activities
- Design, develop and implement a monitoring and evaluation system to track progress as outlined in the program plans.
- Establish data gathering mechanisms, consolidating data against the program goals
- Ensure that all necessary information is collected, analyzed and used in guiding internal program planning and informing funders about project activities and accomplishments.
- Fully document and disseminate results of project activities, accomplishments and innovations in the form of reports and presentations.
- Ensure that the established guidelines on project monitoring and evaluation for various project components are fully respected.
- Recommend any possible changes based on the lessons learned and suggest measure to improve the monitoring system.
- Prepare quarterly and annual reports and contribute to the development of the annual work plan, ensuring inclusion of M&E activities in the work plan.
- Assess training needs relevant to monitoring, evaluation and management information systems and provide, as required, training to staff.
- Masters degree in Social Science, Management Science, International Development or related field.
- At least five years of proven technical expertise in the design, monitoring and evaluation of complex programs.
- Experience in working with international organizations and a good knowledge of NGOs and other development agencies will be considered an asset.
- Proficiency in MS Office and Management Information Systems
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
To apply for this position please send your CV and cover letter to:- hr.nairobi @ internews.org
NB: Applications by e-mail only.
No phone-calls or canvassing allowed.
Application Deadline: 30th October.
For More information, Visit; Monitoring and Evaluation Specialist Job Vacancy Website