Environmental protection is the greatest current challenge to mankind as it plays a crucial role in economic and societal development throughout the world. By cleaving to this challenge, we will be able to generate sustainable development within human societies.
The understanding of direct and indirect effects of global change on biodiversity will be crucial for management and conservation of natural environments. Over the last decades, the analyses carried out by ecologists have revealed the great fragility of natural balances and the dramatic ecological consequences of unwise human activities.
The Erasmus Mundus Masters Course "European Master in Applied Ecology" (EMMC-EMAE), with the support of European commission, plans to form specialists able to develop and lead ecological projects throughout the world by providing them with a wide range of competences and skills, completed by a professional specialization in one of several leading fields of Ecology (Conservation, Toxicology, Functional ecosystem dynamics, Evolutionary ecology, Environmental sciences).
EMAE is an integrated Master of Sciences Programme designed by 4 European institutions with a wide-range leadership in Ecology:
The EMAE Master Course benefits of international networks throughout the world enlarging the opportunities of participation of overseas colleagues in the study programme and offers to students the possibility to carry out a part of their master's project in a partner institution (higher education institutions, NGOs, administrations, natural parks...).
Applied Ecology Scholarships/Grants;
1. Only candidates who have applied to and have been accepted by an EMMC consortium in accordance with its specific students' application and selection criteria, are eligible for a scholarship.
2. Students can apply for an Erasmus Mundus scholarship to the EMMCs of their choice but the number of applications must be limited to maximum three courses.
3. Scholarship candidates must have already obtained a first higher education degree or demonstrate a recognised equivalent level of learning according to national legislation and practices.
4. Individuals who have already benefited from an EMMC scholarship are not eligible for a second scholarship in order to follow the same or another EMMC.
5. Students benefiting from an EMMC scholarship cannot benefit from another Community grant while pursuing their Erasmus Mundus masters studies.
6. EMMC students scholarships are awarded exclusively for a full-time enrolment in one of the course editions.
7. In order to make the programme more attractive for Third-Country nationals, the amount of the full study scholarship will be higher for Third-Country master students (Category A scholarships) than for European master students (Category B scholarships).
For more information and application see: Master in Applied Ecology Scholarships
For more, International Students Scholarships, Scholarship Grant, Scholarships for College, Scholarships for Women, High School Scholarships, See: Free scholarships