Quentin Bryce Law Doctoral Scholarships - University of Technology Sydney
International Law Scholarship »
University Scholarships »
Quentin Bryce Law Doctoral Scholarships - University of Technology Sydney: The Faculty of Law offers the Quentin Bryce Law Doctoral (QBLD) scholarships for commencing Doctor of Philosophy students to promote and reward quality research within the faculty.
Law Doctoral Scholarships: Value and Duration
Benefits offered under the scholarships include:
- A stipend of $30,000 per annum for 3 years
- A research support fund of $1,500 per annum
- Paid holiday, sick, maternity, and parenting leave
Separate support may be available for international students to cover tuition fees.
Law Doctoral Scholarships: Who is Eligible?
The scholarships are open to domestic and international students.
It is expected that scholarship holders will be full-time students, but the scholarship may be awarded to part-time students in specified circumstances.
Law Doctoral Scholarships: Selection Process
Scholarships will be awarded according to the following selection criteria:
- Academic merit of the applicant;
- Research and other relevant experience of the applicant;
- Publication record of the applicant;
- Quality of the research proposal; and,
- Relevance of the proposed research to the Faculty's research strengths.
Doctoral Teaching Fellowship
Successful scholarship applicants may also be offered a Doctoral Teaching Fellowship which will provide an opportunity to gain valuable teaching experience in the Faculty of Law.
Doctoral Teaching Fellows will receive a salary of $25,000 per annum in addition to the QBLD scholarship, and be expected to teach 4 hours per week in both Autumn and Spring semesters.
Fellows will be appointed for a period of 12 months with an expectation that the Fellowship will be re-offered for two further 12 month periods, up to a maximum of 3 years.
Entitlement to continue as a Doctoral Teaching Fellow will be dependent upon the Fellow:
- Continuing to hold the Quentin Bryce Law Doctoral Scholarship;
- Meeting the ongoing eligibility requirements of the scholarship's Conditions of Award; and,
- Performing satisfactorily the duties of the Doctoral Teaching Fellowship.
Law Doctoral Scholarships: Applications
Applications open in July and close at the end of October.
For more information and scholarship application, see; Quentin Bryce Law Doctoral Scholarships - University of Technology Sydney
More; International Law Scholarship » University Scholarships » Academic Scholarship