Republic of Kenya Judicial Service Commission Re-Advertisement
Vacancy in the Office of Deputy Chief Registrar of the Judiciary
The Judicial Service Commission of Kenya invites applications from qualified persons for the following
position in the Judiciary:
Retirement at the age of 60 years with an election to retire on attaining the age of 50 years
Have a high moral character, integrity and impartiality.
(In addition to the above qualifications, the applicants must demonstrate a high degree of professional competence, communication skills, fairness, good temperament, making of good judgments in both legal and life experiences and commitment to public and community service.)
Interested and qualified persons are requested to make their applications by forwarding the following:-
(1) A letter of application
(2) A detailed and updated curriculum vitae summarizing the applicant’s bio-data including, background information, (such as community service, financial discipline, pro bono activity, involvement as a party in litigation and involvement in political activity including any financial contribution to any political party/parties and criminal record) legal/professional engagement for the last five (5) years, three (3) professional referees and two (2) character references who can verify and comment on the applicant’s past and present employment.
(3) Completed Application for Employment Forms in triplicate - JSC 2A(for public officers) or JSC 2 (for other applicants)
(4) Five (5) samples of any writings by the applicant, including but not limited to judgments, advocacy submissions in courts, scholarly writings or any legal publications that the applicant has authored.
(5) The applicant’s three recent coloured passport size photographs.
(6) Declaration of income and liabilities as at the time of making the application, using the prescribed forms (The Declaration of Income, Assets and Liabilities Form JSC 2b) . For those who are in Government employment, attach copies of returns of declaration of income and liabilities and for those in private practice attach income tax returns, for the last three (3) years.
(7) Certified copies of testimonials and professional certificates and academic transcripts.
The JSC 2A and JSC 2 Forms and the Declaration of Income and Assets Forms are available free of charge at the Commission’s Secretary/Chief Registrar’s Chambers, Room No. 10 at the High Court Building, Nairobi during office hours.
The Forms can also be downloaded from the Judiciary’s Website - www.judiciary.go.ke
(Applicants are required to forward eleven (11) copies of documents listed in item 4 to 7 above as well as a soft copy).
The Secretary Judicial Service Commission P.O. Box 30041 – 00100 Nairobi E-mail: email@example.com
So as to reach the Commission within a period of twenty one (21) days from the date of this advertisement.
Only shortlisted and successful candidates will be contacted.
Canvassing in any form will lead to automatic disqualification.
The Judicial Service Commission is an Equal Opportunity Employer and selects candidates on merit, through fair and open competition, from the widest range of eligible candidates.
Hon. Justice Dr. Willy M. Mutunga, SC,
Judicial Service Commission.