Interns would be working between one and three days a week at our office in Westminster to assist our staff in their work on projects focusing on global processes in the area of peace and conflict/human security/sustainable development.
1. normally have a degree in subjects relevant for the understanding of international relations, issues of global development or international law, e.g. politics, law, international development, international relations or related;
2. experience of secondary research in particular in relation to peace and security / human security / sustainable development.
Knowledge of issues around conflict prevention and / or access to water, health care and economic, social and cultural rights is an asset;
3. have the ability to write concisely and present results in clear and coherent manner;
4. have an excellent command of English, with fluency in another language considered as a clear asset;
5. be computer literate; and
6. be able to work effectively in a small team dealing with multiple interlinked projects and tasks.
One World Trust offers a good insight into the work of a multidisciplinary and international team that conducts leading policy research including around global governance developments and parliamentary processes.
One World Trust relies on all interns to help with day to day tasks in the organisation but in return provide a space for all team members' to make an individual and recognisable contribution to our projects.
Interns will be able to claim an appropriate daily transport and food allowance.
The One World Trust supports flexible working arrangements and arranges internships around other commitments.
To apply send a max. 2 page CV, including a note on any key professional or volunteer projects you have been involved in, and a cover letter indicating any specific interests you may have within the Trust's scope of work and the length of time you could spend with the Trust.
Please also print and fill in the equal opportunities form and send your application by 9 am of 16 April to firstname.lastname@example.org (email preferred) or by post to our office in 3 Whitehall Court, London SW1A 2EL.
There are likely to be further opportunities to intern with the One World Trust in the future-to join the OWT jobs mailing list and be first to hear of opportunities to work with the One World Trust, send a blank email to vacancy-notify- join@oneworldtru st.org.
One World Trust encourages diversity and are looking forward to applicants from all backgrounds of society.
For more information about the One World Trust and please visit our website at www.oneworldtrust.org
Or call Chris Parsons on Tel: +44 20 7766 3470