The Russian Federation is offering seventeen (17) partial scholarships to Kenyans for undergraduate and postgraduate degrees for the next academic year.
Fourteen (14) of the scholarships are bachelors. Three (3) scholarships are for postgraduates (Masters and PhD).
International Scholarships: Scholarship Specifications
The successful applicants will be required to meet the following expenses.
1. Return Air ticket – Nairobi - Moscow
2. Local transport (approx. USD 250) on arrival.
3. Medical insurance (USD 250 per year)
NB: Tuition and Accommodation will be provided by the federation.
International Student Scholarships: Courses Covered
Fields of study are open except for medicine which will admit only 2 undergraduate candidates.
There will be one (1) year of studying Russian language for the candidates who do not speak Russian language for the undergraduate.
International Study Abroad Scholarships Eligibility
Applicants should meet the following conditions:
B. Post Graduate
International Scholarships: Application Procedure
All eligible candidates must read and follow the following guidelines strictly.
1. Obtain preliminary application forms from the Ministry of Higher Education, Science and Technology offices at Telposta Towers, 27th floor room 2702.
The application forms can also be downloaded from the Ministry’s website (see the links below).
2. Completed application forms with attached certified photocopies of ID, academic/professional certificates, transcripts, Birth Certificate, other testimonials and a proposal in the area of study for PHD should be sent to:
Director – Higher Education
Ministry of Higher Education Science and Technology,
P O Box 9583 – 00200,
OR delivered to Telposta Towers, 27th floor Room 2702
3. The Preliminary application forms should reach the Ministry not later than 20th May.
4. Only shortlisted applicants (who shall be informed through e-mail /phone call) shall be invited for interview.
NB: For postgraduate scholarships, preference for the award of these scholarships will be given to teaching staff in public universities and university constituent colleges.
Teaching staff in these institutions are highly encouraged to apply.
For more information and scholarship applications, see: International Scholarships - Russian Federation Scholarships for Kenyan Students