IPS Senior Internal Auditor
Enhance Your Chances of Securing Employment - Learn New Digital Skills - Register Now & Complete at Least 1 hour of Free Online Coursework Today & Get Google Certification!
To ensure that the Council's network of Risk Management, Control and Governance processes as designed and adopted are adequate and functioning in the desired manner.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
Qualifications and Competencies
- The Senior Internal Auditor will report to Head, Internal Audit Division and will specifically be expected to carry out the following duties:
- Developing comprehensive audit systems and audit techniques and procedures for financial transactions in NACC;
- Designing, developing and updating the internal audit manual detailing audit plans;
- Drawing up audit programmes, prepare audit reports, queries and observations;
- Facilitating the periodic review of internal control systems to ensure their adequacy to prevent errors and irregularities;
- Carrying out a review of accounting, financial and budgetary systems;
- Ascertaining compliance with established, policies, plans, procedures and processes in NACC;
- Reviewing and appraising the soundness, adequacy and application of accounting, financial and other operating controls and promoting effective controls;
- Ascertaining the reliability of management data developed within NACC;
- Advising management on matters related to utilization of resources in NACC;
- Liaising with partners who support NACC to design appropriate audit procedures for those resources;
- Providing technical support to other units in NACC;
- Finance related degree, preferably Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting Option);
- Full professional Accounting qualifications, CPA (K), ACCA, or equivalent;
- At least 5 years working experience 3 of them in a senior hands-on management role;
- Internal auditing and fraud investigation experience.
The above position is on a 3 year contract renewable based on performance. The person recruited will be of high integrity and able to work within a team.
If you fulfill the above requirements, you are invited to apply by submitting an application together with an up to date CV, copies of certificates, testimonials and names and contacts of three referees in a sealed envelope.to the address provided below. Please also indicate your current and expected salary, contact address, notice period and day time telephone contact.
NACC is an equal opportunity and a stigma free employer, HIV Positive individuals are particularly encouraged to apply.
The post is within a basic salary scale of Ksh. 100,500.00 to Ksh. 143,033.00 per month, a house and remunerative allowances of Ksh. 30,000.00 and Ksh. 23,000.00 respectively. The salary package, allowances and benefits are currently under review.
National AIDS Control Council
Landmark Plaza 8th & 9th Floors
P.O. Box 61307 00200