Health System Capacity Building Manager
Location: Hargeisa, Somalia.
THET seeks a Programme Manager to lead the implementation of a high quality programme of work designed to help strengthen health care systems in Somaliland.
The Programme Manager will develop and manage strategic and substantive programmes of work in Somaliland consistent with the values of THET.
1. Commitment to THET’s ethos and values.
2. Minimum eight years relevant work experience.
3. Higher degree in relevant discipline e. g. public health, health administration, health systems.
4. Experience in design and implementation of approaches for monitoring, evaluation and impact assessment of health services.
5. Experience mentoring and capacity building of health partners / personnel in developing country context.
6. Experience working within Health System Strengthening programmes.
7. Excellent interpersonal skills, cultural sensitivity and the ability to work with senior staff from diverse organizations.
8. Excellent problem solving and negotiation skills.
9. Ability to work within a team as well as ability to self manage.
10. Ability and willingness to coach and mentor others.
11. The ability to respond flexibly in the context of working within a small and growing organisation.
12. Flexible and patient but results driven.
13. Fluent written and spoken English.
14. Ability to cope with difficult living conditions (curfew, limited recreational facilities).
Closing date: 23 May.
Please send a CV and a one page covering letter to THET, 1 Wimpole Street (5th Floor), London, W1G 0AE or by email to sharon[at]thet.org.
For more information and application see; Health System Capacity Building Manager