Nation media group, the leading multi media house in East and Central Africa is seeking to recruit a suitable qualified candidate for the position of Chief Graphic Designer, in the Editorial Department.
We invite applicants who are innovative, performance driven and posses exalent skills with good track record of achievement in the past.
The successful candidates will be responsible for;
- Providing leadership, planning and allocating work to a team of graphic designers within the Group.
- Generating concept and layouts and implimenting them within set deadlines for publications.
- Downloading graphics from agency websites and converting them to usable formats.
- Interpreting stories and ideas in to graphics to enhance their appeal.
- Liasing with Designers in other sections within the Group to ensure uniform standards.
- Keeping abreast of developments in the graphics world through reading, research and consulting.
Knowledge, skills and experience requirements;
- University degree in Graphics Design and post gradute qualifications.
- Over 5 years work experience supervising a group of designers.
- Good working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite (In design, photoshop, Illustrator).
- Ability to develop and lead a team of designers.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
- A good understanding of the media industry will be an added advantage.
Only shortlisted applicants shall be contacted.
Interested candidates who meet the above creteria may send their applications enclosing detailed CV's, names of three referees, daytime telephone and quoting the job reference
on the envelop to:
The Group Human Resource Director,
Nation Media Group,
P. O. Box 49010-00100,
Or E-mail: hrrecruit"nation.co.ke