The scholarship programme is highly selective. Only candidates of the highest academic achievement and promise are eligible to receive a scholarship.
Amount of scholarship: Selected Master's students are awarded a scholarship up to a maximum of 5,000 Euro per year, for a maximum duration of two years. In total this amounts to 10,000 Euro.
Duration and number of scholarships: Selected students will receive a scholarship for a minimum period of 12 and a maximum period of 24 months.
Eligible candidates are selected for a scholarship on the basis of the following criteria:
1. Their academic excellence and promise in the proposed field of study;
2. The academic quality and concrete results of the preceding education, as evidenced, for example, by grades, test scores, publications, letters of recommendation;
3. The quality and relevance of their motivation letter (academic content, intercultural and communication skills, personal motivation);
4. The quality and feasibility of their financial plan in the application for a place in the Master’s programme;
5. The quality of the application itself (completeness, accuracy, consistency).
Include in your application:
1. The completed Geosciences Scholarship application form;
2. Your bachelor’s thesis or equivalent thereof;
3. A motivation letter of one page, explaining why this scholarship should be awarded to you.