Gender-Based Violence Program Coordinator, Tanzania
International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Location country: United Republic of Tanzania
Closing date: 22 Nov
Founded in 1933, the International Rescue Committee is
a leading non-sectarian non-profit organization
providing emergency relief, protection, rehabilitation
assistance, resettlement services and advocacy for
refugees and victims of oppression or violent
- Graduate degree or equivalent in either: health
(MPH), social work (MSW), humanities or other related
degree; or equivalent programming experience.
- 2-3 years program management experience, including
at least 2 years implementing GBV programs in
emergency and post-conflict contexts.
- Previous direct service experience with GBV
- Previous experience in program management, capacity
building and training experience.
- Very strong written, organizational, interpersonal,
and communication skills.
- Competent in Windows, MS office programs, and
- Fluency in English; ability to communicate in
Swahili or Kirundi a plus.
- Experience working in difficult locations and
ability to be resourceful and flexible in a limited
This is a long term, unaccompanied position.
We request that all applications be completed on line
Please be sure to indicate
how you became aware of this vacancy.
Please note that IRC does not set closing
dates/deadline dates for applications, recruitment is
ongoing until the position is filled.
The IRC reviews all applications and you will be
contacted directly if you are selected as a candidate.