Financial Controller Job Vacancy
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Financial Controller will ensure effective and continuous improvement of financial control systems and procedures in the organisation.
He will also be expected to maintain accurate financial records, timely financial reports, effective cost control and utilisation of resources.
He will be responsible for directing and overseeing all financial and administrative activities/ functions of the bank including preparation of current financial reports as well as summaries and forecasts for future business growth and general economic outlook.
Personal Attributes and Qualification:
- Age 35 - 45 years
- Good interpersonal relations.
- Able to work under pressure.
- Strategic Financial Management skill.
- Bachelors Degree in Finance/Accounting
- CPA (K) or ACCA and must be a member of ICPAK
- 3 years experience in a similar position preferably in a bank
- Excellent computer and analytical skills
- Co-ordinate external audits
- Assist in CBK inspections
- Authorize supplier payments
- Co-ordinate annual budget preparation of the bank
- Prepare annual group financial statements
- Supervise staff in Finance Department
- Approve Central Bank returns before submission
- Prepare monthly management accounts
- Prepare and present Board Papers
- Prepare the payroll for senior staff members
- Maintain and improve on the existing financial control systems
- Establish and implement short - and long - range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures
- Analyze current and future business operations and plans to determine financial effectiveness
- Interact with other managers to provide consultative support to planning initiatives through financial and management information analyses, reports, and recommendations
Terms of Offer:
An attractive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidates.
Application deadline: 7th November.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Interested candidates should apply, enclosing copies of their academic and professional certificates, detailed resume giving day time telephone contact, e-mail address and names and contacts of three (3) referees to:-
P. O. Box 49010 - 00100,