Location: Congo (Democratic Republic of the) (Kinshasa)
Closing date: 31 Dec
- MD or RN, with MPH preferred.
- At least five years of oversees experience (ideally in Africa), managing complex health programs in developing countries, especially involving multi-donors and extensive budgets (at least $5 million per year).
- Experience in developing post-conflict health programming preferred, or at least experience in both conflict and development contexts.
- Demonstrated experience in project design and use of project design tools (logframes, causal pathway, etc.)
- Demonstrated experience in developing strong monitoring and evaluation systems.
- Demonstrated data collection skills.
- Experience in working with and coordinating with the UN, EU, US donors, international and national NGOs and government agencies.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, in French and in English.
- Demonstrated experience in capacity building and mentoring.
- Willingness to travel extensively to visit program sites (up to 50 % of time).
- Must be willing to endure basic living conditions when traveling to field sites;
- Must be willing to travel frequently and for extended periods of time to remote sites;
- Ability to work well in unstable security environments, and under intense administrative and programmatic pressures. Must demonstrate flexibility to adapt to changing requirements;
- Be culturally sensitive and have the ability and interest to identify and work with a multi-ethnic team;
- Applicant should have a wide range of skills and interests;
- Must be able to work independently while being a team player.
All applications be completed on line at Director Health Programs - International Rescue Committee - DRC
Please be sure to indicate how you became aware of this vacancy.
Please note that IRC does not set closing dates/deadline dates for applications, recruitment is ongoing until the position is filled.
The IRC reviews all applications and you will be contacted directly if you are selected as a candidate.