Communication and Advocacy Officer
Employer: United Nations Development Programme (UNDP)
Location: Sudan (Khartoum)
Required Knowledge, Skills and Competencies
- Proven ability to synthesize varied data and information building specific messages in varied media.
- Ability to work in English at an advanced level imperative. Knowledge of Arabic advantageous.
- Familiarity with the role of UN agencies, particularly UNDP, in the field of international cooperation
- Familiarity with ICT technology a plus – ability to seek innovative ways forward challenging given circumstances whilst accepting the constraints of the operational environment.
- Exacting professional standards when delivering work for public consumption.
- Creativity in seeking methods of communication to reinforce generic messages.
- Skills in the evaluation of communication channels.
- Demonstrated ability to establish networks for short, medium and long-term sharing of data and information.
- Demonstrable ability to undertake multiple-tasking meeting deadlines.
- Resourcefulness in seeking collaboration with peers.
- Willingness and ability to work in an open team setting where peer-management of tasks is the method of working.
- Diplomacy when dealing with clients and customers of the RRP.
- Self-confidence in taking forward work in a pressurized situation with self-effacement to ensure messages delivered are ‘right-first-time’
- Highly motivated with demonstrable attitude for taking on a challenging position.
- Aptitude to continue personal development within the context of the tasks outlined.
- Master's degree in a relevant discipline.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience at the national or international level in public relations, communications or advocacy.
- Experience of working with international agencies such as UN or EC in addition to working with international and local NGOs.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Working knowledge of other UN languages is desirable.
Applications to be submitted to http://jobs.undp.org
Kenya Jobs | Kenyan Jobs | Jobs in Kenya |
Latest Kenyan Jobs | Kenya | Jobs Kenya Vacancies | Kenya Job Vacancy | Jobs Kenya Vacancies | Nairobi Jobs | Job Vacancies in Nairobi Kenya
| Employment Opportunities in Kenya | Careers in Kenya | Job Openings Kenya
Careers in Africa | Jobs in Africa
| Find Work in Africa | Employment - Africa | Jobs Africa | Vacancies in Africa | Work Jobs Africa