Chief Executive Officer Uganda Insurers Association (UIA)
Uganda Insurers Association (UIA) is a trade association of the Insurance industry in Uganda founded.
The main objective of the Association is to promote the development and expansion of sound insurance and reinsurance activities in Uganda.
As the current CEO's term is coming to an end, UIA is looking for a competent person to fill the vacancy below:
Chief Executive Officer
Duties and Responsibilities
- The Chief Executive Officer of the Uganda Insurers Association will be executive authority, reporting to the Board and directly supervising all managers and officers employed by the Association's Secretariat.
- Providing strategic guidance to UIA in developing and growing the insurance market in Uganda, Comesa region and internationally.
- Carry out advocacy activities for the Insurance Industry with Government and beyond so as to create an enabling environment for its members.
- To develop UIA as a centre of insurance excellence in Uganda, the region and beyond.
- To develop Proposals for revenue generation and business expansion.
- To plan the procurement, monitor and supervise the sales of 3rd party stickers and Comesa Yellow Card.
- Develop strategic partnerships with regional and international organisations' that would create synergies for UIA members.
- Identify and interact with spectrum of audience and policy making bodies.
- Develop, recommend and implement policies, plans budgets and management information and control systems designed to achieve the Association's objectives and priorities as may be specified by the Board.
- Supervise and manage Secretariat staff in the implementation of priority activities configured to achieve the objectives of the Association as set by the Board in annual programmes and budgets.
- Supervise the efficient and effective delivery / provision of all support services and facilities required for the proper running of the Secretariat and the Board.
- Organise and prepare for general meetings, Board meetings, Seminars and workshops and follow up and implementation of decisions and resolutions taken thereof.
- Masters Degree from a recognised University in Insurance Management or Business Administration, Commerce, Economics, Mass Communication or Development Studies.
A minimum of 8 years experience with 3-5 in a Senior managerial position in a reputable insurance business firm or similar umbrella trade organisation in the private sector. Technical and professional qualifications in insurance are an added advantage.
Duration of appointment:
3 year renewable contract.
Essential skills for the post:
- Good judgement, initiative, high sense of responsibility, tact and discretion, with sensitivity to different cultures
- Ability to grow in a challenging career and to add value to the association's strategic goals. Performance management system, capacity building & HR Development.
- Strong advocacy and negotiation skills aimed at harnessing the cohesive synergies of different players in the industry.
- Excellent command of spoken and written English
- Analytical, negotiating, communication and advocacy skills.
- Good knowledge of computer management and applications.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Only short listed candidates will be contacted by Thursday 18st December for interviews early in the new year.
- Applicants should be in the range of 40-55 years of age.
- Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification
- A detailed CV including an application letter &copies of certificates should be submitted to the address below.
- Originals of certificates will be produced during the interview.
- 3 References are required. Independent reference checks will be carried out.
For more information coUganda Insurers Association,
Plot 24A Acacia Avenue,
P.O. Box 8912 Kampala,