The CEO/Principal is to offer leadership and business acumen and ensure that the integrity of learning programmes and organizing competence is anchored on sound governance, scholarship and excellence. The key roles will include:-
- Monitoring college operations and coordinating the annual budgeting process and precenting proposal to the board for approval at the beginning of evry financial year. Overseeing the capital expenditure (CAPEX) and operating expenditure (OPEX) to ensure prudence financial management;
- Advicing the board on college performance, business opportunities and investments initiating projects aimed at improving organizational output;
- Coordinating corporate planning and overseeing implimentation of business strategy to achieve organisational goals and objectives in an efficient manner;
- Spearheading institutional and programme reforms aimed at continuouly improving the course objectives, teaching methodes and standards of tuition and make proposals to the board;
- Safeguarding the integrity of the organization by ensuring effective management and efficient utilization of resources;
- Convening meetings of the board of directors, act as secretary to the board and ensure that all its decisions are implimented;
- Coordinating strategic partnership with organizations and institutions that will enhance best practice and better quality of programs;
- Ensuring safe custody of the institutions seal and assest and ensuring the assests are recorded and audited from time to time;
- Establishing stffing norms and a robust performance management system that recognizes excellence and rewards performance;
The ideal candidate must be serving/must have served at senior college management level or in comparable position, aged between 35 - 45 years and in possession of the following qualification:-
- A degree in education, business or technical discipline related discipline with more than 7 years post qualification experience in teaching/training profession,
- A post graduate qualification in relevant fields such as strategic management, entrepreneurial education from recognised institutions,
- Knowledge and experience of International Aviation Organiation (ICAO) Standards, Procedures and Practices will be an added advantage,
- Experiance in carrying out negociations with senior governement officials including institutions of high learning and public agencies,
- Proven leadership qualities, exemplary character with emotional intelligence to govern without bias, and strong role model for students, staff and members of the public,
- Show merit, ability and competence management for result and equipped with organizational skills,
- Computer litrate.
Quoting position reference on both letter and envelop.
In addition, please provide a curriculum vitae that contains details of your qualifications, experience, present position, current remunaration, day and evening telephone numbers and names and addressed of three referees.
If your background and compitence match the specifications for this position, please write in confidence to the:
Federation of Kenya Employers,